Thursday 10 May 2018

SCRAPBOOKING PAGE - ROMAN HOLIDAY

One of my birthday presents this week from darling hubby was a new printer for my photos - a little Canon Selphy that had been recommended by some scrapbooking friends as I've been itching to get scrapbooking again.  I much prefer to have special photos on the page and in an album than left on a computer or a mobile phone.

Mooching around the internet I found some scrapbooking challenges which I decided would be great motivation to get me scrapping again.  The important thing for my pages is that they tell a story so I do like to put journalling on there so we know what the page is for rather than just add a photo and some decoration.



Let's Get Sketchy was one of the challenges I found and I sort of followed their sketch for my layout.  All of my supplies are so old its hard to list what I used.  The stencils are Tim Holtz and the rubber stamp of the Colosseum is an old Cherry Pie Art Stamp.  This page is celebrating my son's 21st Birthday when the family went to Rome - one of our favourite places and as my son is an Archaeologist an obvious place for us to go to celebrate his 21st birthday.

Another Challenge blog I found was Challenge Yourself #53 - where they want to see you in the picture - they have given a picture also as inspiration - 



Now my link to this is quite tenuous but bear with me - one of our favourite films is Gladiator - the part where he is returning home and walking through the wheat to get to his home is very poignant and this image reminded me of that image.  As my page is all to do with Rome I'm guessing you can see where I'm going with this! 

Card Mania CM#104 is looking for Anything But A Card so I'm adding my page.



 

18 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

I love the photo of the 3 of you!! What an awesome scrapbook page you made. Thanks so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month!! We are very happy that you found our challenge!!

Bethany.Roisland said...

What a great page Fiona! Thank you too for the sweet comments you left on my blog :) I'm so glad you joined us at LGS this month!

Natsuko said...

Great picture and a great take on the sketch!Love the chic colors!Thank you so much for joining us at LGS❤️

Marci said...

What a wonderful page! Glad you joined us at LGS!

Astrid Zwaan said...

Great take on the sketch, thanks for joining us at LGS!

Sayaka Aihara(sariko*) said...

Great photo and layout. Thank you for joining us at LGS!

Brenda's Scrap Place said...

Love your paper and great take on the challenge. Thanks for joining in with us this month at Let's Get Sketchy.

Brenshevia said...

You did a wonderful job and our stash is never outdated, I still use collections from 5 years ago. Please keep playing along with us, we would love to have you as a regular at LGS!

Carmen Crosseti Cohen-Henriquez said...

Beautiful layout, love the design! Glad you did find us, thanks for playing along at Challenge YOUrself!

Deb said...

Such a fabulous take on our sketch. Great photo. Thanks for joining us at Lets Get Sketchy. Deb x

ÅsaJ said...

Such a lovely photo on a lovely layout! Thanks for joining Challenge YOUrself! Hugs Åsa

Sherri Caramico said...

What a great layout! Love the photo and the title is awesome! Really cool take on the challenge - I "get" how the challenge photo inspired your layout!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Challenge YOUrself Blog!

etsuko kishimura said...

The coloring of the background is very cool.Thank you for joining us at LGS!

craftybyfirna said...

Lovely page! You did great with the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

Rachel said...

A wonderful travel layout beautifully scrapped. A fun photo too!

CathQuillScrap said...

Great layout. Thanks for playing along with us at Let's Get Sketchy.

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Beautiful creation!
Thanks for playing at Card Mania Challenge. Sorry for the late comment.
Ileanaxx

Taru Jehkonen said...

Lovely page! Thank you for joining us at Challenge Yourself!