Monday 29 January 2018

Happy New Year

Oh my goodness - I'm still just about in January to wish you a Happy New Year - where did the time go?  I can tell you where - I started work in the real world at the end of November - after 27 years of being at home and with home based businesses I had to put myself out there and earn a proper wage.

Sadly - I am not in a crafting capacity and where I work I am not allowed to have inky fingers so you can imagine the trouble this has caused me for crafting!  I am also working five days a week and am so tired of an evening I have had no motivation to craft.  Now that I'm no longer with Stampin Up and with a crafting business to run I have had to re-evaluate my crafting and re-discover the love of it for crafting's sake and not for any other purpose.  Quite tricky really - especially where cards are concerned?  What do I do with them all once I've made them?

Well - for one thing I am still running the Joy of Sets group on Facebook and we have a RAK group - a RAK in case you don't know is a Random Act of Kindness - so we send out the cards to people we don't know - what we do know is that these people are fellow crafters, they 'get' the whole craft card thing - realise how much time, effort and love goes into making the cards.  Finding you are the recipient of such a card in the mail and that it has winged its way to you from  either within the UK, Europe or as far flung as the USA, New Zealand or Australia is such a fabulous feeling.  Let me share with you just such a card I received today from Judith McPherson in New Zealand - This looks like a new Stampin Up set to me but I'm not sure.  



What I have managed to do today is a Postcard for a postcard swap I am doing with Stamper's Forum FB group - this is also something I haven't done in a while.

I was very lucky before Christmas to win some Tim Holtz goodies from a blog I visit.  I've used two of the stencils sets I won to make this postcard - the rest is all Tim Holtz old stamps I had in my stash and the inks are all Stampin Up.  




Thanks for stopping by - I hope to be back on track again posting a lot more often.


         

1 comment:

Judith McPherson said...

Hi Fiona - the stamp set is a free set from 2018 Sale-a-bration called Heartfelt Blooms. The embossed image is from the 2018 Occasions Catalogue from the Petal Passion suite called Petal Pair Textured Impressions Embossing Folders. Hope all is well