Thursday 19 October 2017

WHAT A WEEK

So this week has been a week of sorting out my craft room - getting rid of some things and finding old friends that had been put in the back of the cupboard.  It's a little bit like Christmas come early as my favourite Tim Holtz and Cherry Pie Art Stamps make an appearance.  

My card was inspired by some long walks I have taken lately with my dogs.  I adore trees - they make me feel safe and secure and here are some pictures of two of my favourites.

Copper Beech



This beautiful copper beech lives in my front garden.  This is looking up into the tree - at the moment it still has its green leaves and hasn't yet started to turn them that gorgeous copper colour yet as we have not had a frost.
 


The Yew is one of my favourite trees and I am very lucky to have some very old Yew trees at a nearby Iron Age Hillfort.  A place for reflection and planning.  The Yew lives a very long time and it is very feasible that these trees were here during the Iron Age.  The oldest known Yew is The Fortingall Yew in Perthshire which is said to be over 9,000 years old!

So as you can see my card was very much inspired by my wanderings this week.  I've mixed all three stamp companies in this card and the sentiment pretty much sums up where I am at the moment.  I'm walking a different path altogether with many new adventures on the horizon.




The challenge over at Time Out challenges this week has given us an image to be inspired from.  I'm using the sticks from their image to tie in with my card.




 Thank you for stopping by.


 HAPPY CRAFTING

 

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Beautiful pictures Fiona! Love how you were inspired. Your card is gorgeous. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What a great image, and I love your description of how you were inspired. Lovely sparse coloring. Thank you for linking up ad playing wtih us at Time Out.