Wednesday 9 August 2017

Watercooler Wednesday Challenge - WWC131 - Kath's "All About Birthdays" Challenge

http://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/



The ever popular Birthday Challenge is our Challenge this week over at Watercooler Wednesday.

Well, what little story can I tell you about this card - well for a start the background was a complete mistake.  You know we never make mistakes in craft world right?  They are always Embellishment Opportunities or, in my case, Background opportunities. 

I had already stamped the very gorgeous Hello stamp from Floral Statements on to a piece of Very Vanilla and it was sitting on my desk, minding its own business, ready for me to do something with it.  My mind, meanwhile, was on a different card and I had been using a lot of Emerald Envy ink and cleaning my stamps with a baby wipe.  It, and my fingers, were covered in ink - I admit I had gone a bit overboard on the ink.  I just pushed my babywipe to the side of my desk, yes I am that tidy crafter (not!)

Imagine my horror when I realised my very wet wipe had landed on my nice clean piece of Very Vanilla which I had carefully stamped.   I was just about to groan and throw it away when I said - hang on a minute I rather like the look of that background - it is as if I planned it! lol!  So the colour combination for my card was actually decided right there.



 I used some of our watercolour pencils to colour in the flowers and added some of our lovely new ribbon which is Crinkled Seam Ribbon also in Emerald Envy.  I repeated the background for the inside of the card and used Birthday Blooms for the flower and the sentiment. 

 


Phew - I hope you stayed with me through all that long explanation - just goes to show where we get our inspiration from!

I'm looking forward to seeing all your creations - do pop along to the rest of the Design Team and leave them a comment - we do love to hear from you.

The challenge over at SUO Challenge blog #180 this week is also birthdays so I'm going to add mine into their challenge also.

 


HAPPY CRAFTING

      

2 comments:

Penny Hanuszak said...

Fiona your Hello card turned out perfectly colour mistake and all. I love how the Tranquil Tide pairs with the floral design inside and out. Great card!

Julia said...

Yes, that was a total creative opportunity!! Gorgeous colouring AND background!! Great project, and totally awesome for our birthday challenge. I'm so glad you joined the fun with us at SUO Challenges!!