Sunday 14 May 2017

COLOURFUL SEASONS - SUO CHALLENGES - WATERCOLOURING

This new set Colourful Seasons has a wealth of possibilties for all sorts of cards and I haven't even started yet on the snowflakes or the leaves.  This time however, instead of the chairs, I'm concentrating on the gorgeous flowers that you get along with the thinlets.

It also lends itself to lots of watercolouring possibilties.  The challenge over at SUO Challenges this week is just that - a watercolouring challenge.

I used some of our Watercolour paper for my card - it stands up to the moisture it gets from the Aqua Painter and has just such a lovely texture.

 I used the new In-Colours for my card - Powder Pink, Berry Burst and Fresh Fig with a touch of Lemon and Lime Twist - well I had to get it in there somehow.






 To start off your watercolouring - make sure you wet your paper first - this allows the ink to blend and merge together.  I say this because I forgot to do this.  It still works out ok but not quite as blended as it would have been  had I wet the paper first.  Do as I say not as I do as the old saying goes lol!  You can leave your paper to dry or use a heat tool to speed it up a bit if you are as impatient as me.

Our ink pads are great for watercolouring - before you open the pad squeeze it gently and when you open it you will have a little pool of ink - this becomes your container for your ink palette.

Once your background is dry you can then ink on however you choose.  I stamped the stem but cut out the flowers from the thinlets.  The sentiment was stamped in Fresh Fig.  The little dots of blossom are actually from Daisy Delight, another new set.

The paper was then added to Basic Black cardstock which shows off all the colours wonderfully.  A sprinkling of Glitter Embossed dots makes the card sparkle, as does the Wink of Stella on the flowers.

Here's the same technique using different colours - the new Lemon and Lime Twist, Tranquil Tide and a touch of Daffodil Delight and the leaves from the same set.



I hope you have a go at watercolouring - leave me a message if you do and I'll pop along and have a look.

HAPPY CRAFTING


 

3 comments:

Cindee Wilkinson said...

I have to say this stamp set is one of my favorites in the new catalog. Love the watercolor wash you used on your cards. Makes all the other elements stand out. Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge.

Julia said...

What a great idea to show of these gorgeous colours with the background wash. This project is perfect for our watercolouring challenge!! So glad you joined the fun with SUO Challenges!!

Karen Barber said...

Gorgeous watercolored little work of ART!