Thursday 2 February 2017

BEST BIRDS ON A TAG

Well today I just fancied making a tag! Its been years since I made one - I used to also love making ATC's and Inchies and used to run an Inchy Challenge blog.  Although I didn't know what to do with my tag after I'd made it so I stuck it on a card lol!

I've used the Best Birds set again and the lovely framelits that go with it and just a sentiment stamp from Painter's Palette.


 I wanted to go grunge and vintage with this tag and I think this set really helps you to do that.  This was always my style of crafting and I think I've lost it over the past year with doing my SU business, but there's no reason I can't go back to it with SU products.

Lots of layers and ink on this one - the cardstock for the tag is Very Vanilla which I then inked up with Crumb Cake and Bermuda Bay.  I used the background stamp from Best Birds to create the embossed background which ws embossed with Copper Embossing powder.

The Bird was watercoloured with Crumb Cake, Bermuda Bay, Chocolate Chip and a touch of Melon Mambo, which was also used for the flowers just to give it a pop of colour.

The butterfly was punched out with the Itty Bitty Punch from DSP stack paper and Basic Pearls added.  A touch of our gorgeous Lace Ribbon at the bottom and some Linen Thread at the top.  Also a touch of our Copper Metallic thread - this stuff is tricky to use as its so fine.  I find the best way to use it is to add some glue to the reverse of the card and then just loop it onto it.  It sometimes loops the way it wants and not the way you want! lol!

The sentiment comes from Painter's Palette and I used one of the Banner Framelits to cut it out.

The tag was then layered onto some Crumb Cake cardstock and eventually onto Very Vanilla which I also inked up with Chocolate Chip. 

I'm going to pop this into the Creative Inspirations challenge blog who want cute critters.  I'm not sure if my bird is quite cute enough but I think she is!

 
AS USUAL ALL PRODUCTS CAN BE PURCHASED FROM ME VIA MY STORE ABOVE IF YOU ARE IN THE UK OR PARTS OF EUROPE.



 HAPPY CRAFTING

 

1 comment:

CraftyNatalie said...

Great creation. Thanks for joining in on our Cute Critters challenge at Creative Inspirations this fortnight!