Wednesday 18 January 2017

TOTALLY TREES, LOVELY STITCHING, DANEBURY IRON AGE HILL FORT

HA! I bet that heading made you look twice - not often you see an Iron Age hill fort on a crafting blog.  But I thought I would share some pictures with you.

I'm lucky enough to live near one of the most important Iron Age Hill Forts in my area in Hampshire, UK, called Danebury.  Its a lovely place to walk my dogs and the views are wonderful.  You can see why they built their fort though thousands of years ago.  Its also a very peaceful place.

I love trees, especially Yew trees and there are some magnificent samples at Danebury. Here are my dogs around one particularly wonderful Yew Tree.














There are even wild ponies on the fort.














The Inner Ring of the Hillfort








 

  













It got me thinking of making a tree card when I got back home so I turned to Totally Trees for some inspiration.
 

I've used Island Indigo cardstock and ink and a gatefold card (I think that's what it's called) which I had left over from making some of the mice cards at Christmas.  I've added some Blooms and Bliss Designer Series Paper which looks a bit like leaves I think.


The image was stamped with Island Indigo Ink and then double stamped with the detailed image in Versamark and embossed with our goreous Copper Embossing Powder.  I've also added some of our Copper Metalic Thread around the cardstock.

If you can see I've used the square Stitched Framelit but turned it into a rectangle thanks to Dawn Griffith's instructions.


I used the Lovely Stitching for the sentiments and also embossed them in the Copper Embossing Powder.  I've used one of the Banner Framelits to cut out the smaller sentiment.  Popped onto dimensionals just left of the tree it helps to keep the card closed.

I love the look of this copper on the Island Indigo - I can see I'm going to be doing this a lot!

As always all products can be purchased from me if you are in the UK.  Just click on the logo below to be taken to my store.

http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/fionawhitehead/

 HAPPY CRAFTING

 

No comments: