Monday 23 January 2017

PICTURE PERFECT - AVANT-GARDEN - BEST BIRDS

Monday morning comes round again - normally I run a craft class on a Monday to keep away the Monday blues but everyone was busy today so I took myself off to do some crafting.

I thought I'd have a play with Picture Perfect as its been a while since I played with this set and I thought it would go well with the new Avant-Garden which is a FREE set during Sale-A-Bration - just in case you didn't know!




As I'm sure most of us are - I was inspired by a card I saw on Pinterest to give this card a vintage feel.

I used our Watercolour Paper on a background card of Island Indigo card stock.  I wanted the heavy feel of the watercolour paper even though I ended up not doing any watercolouring in fact.

The background used stamps from the Avant-Garden set and one from Best Birds in Pear Pizazz, Island Indigo and Crumb Cake inks.

The flowers were coloured in using our Watercolour Pencils and a touch of Wink of Stella on them afterwards.

The bird was stamped in Crumb Cake, Early Espresso and Island Indigo and then I went over him again with the third stamp in Versamark and used our Copper Embossing Powder to give him a sheen.  A touch of our Copper Metallic Thread finished off the bottom sentiment.


The challenge over at Creative Inspirations this week is flowers so I'm going to add this one to their challenge.

As usual if you are in the UK or parts of Europe all supplies can be purchased via my store - click on the logo below.

If you are in my area of Hampshire, UK why not come along to one of my crafting events and meet like minded people.  Its great fun.

http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/fionawhitehead/
If you would love to have your own crafting business and what I do why not become a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator - now is an even better time to join.  Drop me a line and we can have a chat.


HAPPY CRAFTING


 

1 comment:

CraftyNatalie said...

Very pretty design. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this fortnight. Good luck, CraftyNatalie. -DT