Wednesday 27 July 2016

THANKFUL THOUGHTS

Well what can I say about my card today - I think I was having a bit of a lightbulb gone out moment.

My plan was to join in with the Inkspirational challenge - they had given us a photo inspiration as shown below.  With me so far?





There was some great inspiration from the Design Team - mainly with buildings.  I don't have any building type stamps but I thought I would do something quirky like use word stamps upside down
 ...... like this.....



 Something a bit different don't you think?  Not really conventional to have the words going up!  The Thank You sentiment is from Thankful Thoughts - the flowers stamped are from Jar of Love and Birthday Blooms and the flower in the middle is from the Botanical Framelits.  I've used just three colours here - Very Vanilla on Early Espresso card stock.  Early Espresso Ink, Peekaboo Peach and Pear Pizazz.

However - my lightbulb moment came when I decided to watermark my card and suddenly the card turned round and looked like this: Conventional.Doh!

 




 
 

3 comments:

Jane Willis said...

Lovely card! I think the way you have pulled it all together by stamping the brown dotty patch in the border and then on the flower petals is very clever
Jane

Nonni said...

Great idea to play with your word stamps! When I look at our picture I can really see how you were inspired, great job! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

Marina said...

I like it going vertical ! Lovely card. Thanks for joining in at Inkspirational.