Friday 3 June 2016

ALL ABOARD


 My husband of nearly 31 years eek recently had a birthday - not a special numbered one like 50 or 60 - somewhere exactly in between!  What do you get the man who has everything?  Apart from fly fishing gear - of which he has loads - his other love is Steam Trains and he is quite partial to some real ale. 

We are very luck in Hampshire to have our own Steam Train on hand in the beautiful town of Alton.  What I found out was they offer Steam Train rides on a Real Ale Train.  Well, that chance couldn't be missed and funny enough the family wantaed to come with us.

At only £2 per pint of real ale it was a real treat.  The evening was a beautiful sunny early Spring evening on 7th May.  A poignant day for me cause its the anniversary of losing my beloved mum 6 years ago.







 The Train was wonderful - we all thoroughly enjoyed it.  The station is also all done out as it would have been in yesteryear - very 1930's - you could almost see the guys going off to war and in fact they also hold WWII days down there.

In keeping with the idea of yesteryear I turned my photos into black and white to give them more atmosphere.

And it gave me a chance to play with some Project Life.

I started my crafting as a scrapbooker and, to be honest, its my first love. I find it's a lot more satisfying than making cards - and at least you have something to treasure for generations to come.  I'm just starting to use Project Life and I am surprised at how quick it can be.





 

No comments: