Monday 2 May 2016

SHOOTING STAR - ADDICTED TO CAS


The Challenge over at Addicted to Cas this week is to use Plaid in your design.  I don't have any Plaid papers but Ive used some black and white Washi tape behind the scallop circle.  Placed on top of Pumpkin Pie to bring out a touch of orange also.  The base of the flower is from Serene Silhouettes and has been embossed with SU yellow embossing powder.  The Bee is from the new set which I didn't think I'd be able to use but am actually starting to like it.  I'm not a great fan of insects, bees and butterflies are my limit!  The Bee has been coloured with Wink of Stella and then covered in Glossy Accents.  The little sentiment 'You're Sweet as Can Bee' has also been embossed.

I'm not sure if there are too many elements on this for a CAS card.  Keeping my fingers crossed.
You can find their challenge here.





2 comments:

anja curvers said...

Lovely card, great design. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

Doni High said...

The black background really makes your focal images "pop"! Great idea to incorporate
your plaid inside the flower. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.