Friday 8 April 2016

SOUR CREAM CONTAINERS








 I've been quiet on my blog this week because I've had a bit of a domestic crisis and crafting was actually the last thing on my mind.  Yes, real life interferred.  Don't you just hate that?

Anyway I'm back but not with a whole hell of a lot!  Like most of the other SU demos in the UK I'm in a panic over what to do for my swaps for Convention!  Woohoo, next weekend in Telford we get to see the new catalogue and new products and get to play.  Its traditional at SU Conventions to take swaps of cards, projects, anything really and I knew months ago what I was going to do.  Sour cream containers.  Easy peasy you would think.  Nope.  None of the glues I tried would keep the containers secure.  The last thing anyone would want is an empty container with no sweets!  I even tried my hot glue gun and in the end had to admit defeat.

I'd made over a dozen - they'll come in handy for something but not Convention.

There are some good tutorials on Youtube on how to  make them but the are really simple.

Mine are 4.5" x 5.5" but you can make them any size.  Glue three sides.  Ha sounds easy doesn't it.  I used SU snail, Sticky strip, hot glue gun - must admit I didn't try SU Fuse cause I don't have any.  Maybe that would have worked.  Anyway glue three sides and bring the two longer sides together as though you are making a toilet tube.  Stick the one end together and if you have a crimper, crimp.  This is supposed to help them stay together and look good - I did have a crimper but it didn't make it stick.  Pop your goodies into the container and then close the opposite sides to make the twisted shape.  Voila!  Hopefully.



 So for Convention I'm being conventional and doing a card front! Using my favourite stamp set which is Serene Silhouettes and some inks. I'm doing a CAS style card as I'm loving those at the moment and I'm sure there will be lots of other SU cards with loads of embellishments on them.

Happy crafting.

Fiona

1 comment:

lilian said...

What a cute idea, love it

Lilian