Saturday 2 April 2016

SERENE SILHOUETTES - CAS

For those who don't know CAS stands for Clean and Simple.  A real challenge for me as I normally like to add lots of embellishments and layers.

I like to challenge myself though to craft outside of my comfort zone which is why I love joining in with the various blog challenges.  The challenge over at Simply Less is More this week is lots of white space, but it can't be white!  Well, now I'm even more outside of my comfort zone.  And I chose Basic Gray - not a colour I would ever normally use unless it were as an accent colour.

But I forced myself to use no layers - I used Pool Party and Mint Macaron and an old SU colour Summer Sun - yes honestly.  I know these colours look nothing like how they usually look. The Basic Gray really soaked up the colour.  A touch of Wink of Stella though brought them back to life and made them sparkle.  The birds from Serene Silhouettes seemed to be crying out to be inked on top and with the small sentiment from Banner Banter I'm calling this card done - gulp!


To join in with this week's challenge you'll find their blog here

I'm also going to enter this one into the SUO challenge which is asking for Cute Critters. Not sure whether these birds really are cute though .. do they remind us more of Hitchcock's film The Birds?  I don't really have any "cute" animal stamps.....yet!  You'll find the challenge here



17 comments:

Esther said...

A beautifully CAS card - I love the colours you've chosen and the gorgeous stamp silhouetted against them :)

Chrissie said...

The Basic Gray base adds to the almost desolate look of your birds with their colour wash behind them! I use Wink of Stella for the same purpose sometimes too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is more"

Viv said...

Just one word - Beautiful!

Susan said...

Stunning xx

Sid said...

Very brilliant design and the grey background really makes the colours pop !!

Celeste Goff said...

Such a stunning card! Love the little touch of shimmer you added to your beautiful silhouette!

Lexxie said...

A really beautiful little scene, lovely colours,
Sarita x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Loving the mellow colours that you used behind the silhouette stamp Fiona. The grey card base is perfect for the scene. Thank you so much for joining us at Less is More.
Sharon xx

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

A beautifully soft CAS card Fionna. I'm not a big one for embellishments, but layers are often my downfall - I love the challenge of creating a truly CAS card though! I love the way you used the trio off colours behind your silhouette to give the illusion of layers here - very clever, and the grey is a subtle colour choice.

Kathyk said...

This is so cool, I see sunlight peeping through the trees on a hazy day!

Kathyk

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, just love the image stamp you've used. Karen x

Liz said...

So beautiful, gorgeous card.

Liz - LIM Guest Designer xx

Julie Gearinger said...

Love your CAS scene- the colors look fabulous with the silhouetted birds :-) Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges :-)

Julia said...

Your colours are amazing!! The silhouette looks spectacular too - and I really love the greeting right there on the corner!! So glad you joined the fun at SUO!

Connie Babbert said...

Very nice CAS design...love the color blocks in the background! Thanks for playing along with SUO Challenges this time!

Karen Barber said...

A wonderful CAS card for your critter creation!! Thanks for playing along in the SUO challenge!!

Cindee Wilkinson said...

Such a simple but stunning card. Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge.